Position: Audio Support Technician
Technicolor is home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. Propelled by a culture of innovation and underpinned by a dedicated research organization, the company is a leading provider of high-end visual effects, animation, and post-production services serving motion picture, television, and other media clients.
Technicolor’s premier, downtown-based Post Production house in Toronto offers cutting-edge audio and video post services for film, television and commercial productions. We offer comprehensive and flexible on-location services, dailies and front-end, digital intermediates, design & VFX, and sound services. Our facility is connected to Technicolor’s worldwide network of operations, further ensuring one consistent vision for our clients, from set to screen.
A junior Audio Support Technician working in our Tech Support Dept.
- Provides technical support for systems, equipment and software within the audio post production department.
- Ensures consistent quality of audio production systems within the facility.
- Audio systems setup: includes design, assembly and testing of systems and subsystems.
- Production software maintenance: involves installing and adjusting software in post-production workstations and computer controlled audio systems.
- System maintenance: involves troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance programs.
- Operator training: involves training operations staff when new systems and software are introduced.
- High school graduate with post-secondary training from a recognized technical institution or equivalent experience.
- Experience maintaining Macintosh Systems is essential.
- Strong understanding of professional audio systems, basic electronics circuitry, and computer systems.
- Familiarity with Post Production workflows.
- Ability to comprehend technical schematics.
- Well organized with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their cover letter and resume by email with the subject reading “Audio Support Technician” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technicolor thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.