Live Sound: Designer.
Martin Van Dijk is senior systems designer with Engineering Harmonics and a seasoned technician and project manager. He brings with him 30 years of experience in the design, manufacture and installation of sound reinforcement, control, production, and recording systems in various sizes of venues. Martin has often pushed the state of art of audio that has resulted in the design and manufacture of proprietary devices for the industry. These projects have included: automated loudspeaker test equipment; AC safety controls for power distribution systems; loudspeaker processing devices; and proprietary loudspeaker systems. He has been with the firm since 2000.
With an unusually thorough understanding of all areas of the professional sound business Martin has become a high demand resource for manufacturers and distributors for consultation on their development programs.
Skills and Experience
- Antilia Residence and Ballroom,Mumbai, India
- BrooklynAcademy of Music, New York
- Legislative Assembly Sound Systems forOntario and Alberta
- HalifaxInternational Airport, Halifax, NS
- House of Commons Main Chamber Sound System,Ottawa
- Committee Room Prototype Project: House of Commons
- OttawaInternational Airport Expansion, Phases I and II
- KauffmanCenter for the Performing Arts, Kansas City, MO
- Overture Theatre,Madison, WI
- Walt Disney Concert Hall Project,Los Angeles, CA
- Martin is a member of Audio Engineering Society and BICSI.
Authorship Credits & Technical Presentations
- Publication of articles as well as lecturing for the industry training organization Syn Aud Con.
- Martin currently sits on the Ontario Film and Television Production Electrical Committee responsible for changing the electrical code to better address the needs of the production and entertainment industries.
- Loudspeakers and digital audio systems