COVID ALTERNATIVE STRATEGIES FOR AUDIO
Click on the YouTube video above to connect to stream.
About the Event
COVID-19 has turned much of the pro audio industry upside down, inside out and in many cases, ground any normal activity to a crawl or even a complete halt.
We’ve invited audio professionals to tell a story about how they are thriving, looking after themselves as we endure the pandemic, or even just an uplifting story about something they have participated in that gave them energy.
Doug McClement, LiveWire Remote Recorders; Jeff Wolpert, Desert Fish Studios/University of Toronto; John “Beetle” Bailey, Driveshed, Hawksley Workman, Canadian musician, Roberto Capretta – CBC Audio, GGGarth Richardson – Canadian Record Producer are on-board.
- What’s changed?
- What’s being adopted that you thought you’d never see?
- What are your colleagues doing that surprised you?
- What direction has audio changed?
- What did you repair / fix / buid . complete / that you didn’t think you’d ever get to?
- Did you finally let go of something in your cleanup that no longer “sparkled joy”?
- What sort of solution would you offer someone setting up for a new career in audio?
- What’s next? Collaboration? masks in the studio? built-in pop filters?
- What do you do once you get a vaccine?
Tonight’s meeting is being streamed on YouTube, with an opportunity for you to interact via Chat.