Jeff Bamford is a consultant and project manager at Engineering Harmonics. Drawing on many years of professional experience, he also heads our IT group serving our three offices.
Holding a Master’s degree in physics, Jeff brings a strong analytical and scientific mind to his work. Coupled with a solid foundation in sound and acoustics, this has made him our lead resource in the field of acoustics and loudspeaker systems.
His rigorous style, combined with a natural talent to document and write, makes him an invaluable resource in our production of studies, reports and standards.
Jeff is the author of “Audio for Committee Rooms” (Journal of the Canadian Acoustical Association, Sept. 2004), “A Review of the SkyDome Acoustical Model” (Journal of the Canadian Acoustical Association, Sept. 1999), “Ambisonic Sound for Us” (preprint 3184 of the AES, 1995), and “Ambisonic Sound for the Masses” (Canadian Acoustics, Vol. 22, No. 3, 63-63, Sept. 1994). His technical presentations include “Ambisonics & Quantum Mechanics”, (AES Toronto Section, April 2005), “Audio for Committee Rooms” (Conference of the Canadian Acoustical Association, Oct. 2004). “
- Audio Research Group: 1992-1995
M.Sc., Audio Research Group, University of Waterloo (1995)
B.Sc. (Honours) in Physics, University of New Brunswick (1992)
- City of Brantford, Council Chamber (In Progress)
- Halifax Regional Municipality, Council Chamber (In Progress)
- Alberta Infrastructure, Edmonton – AV design standards for courthouse development, manage (2013)
- Infrastructure Ontario, Toronto – Generic Output Specifications standards development, manage (2013)
- St. Michael’s Hospital Patient Care Tower, Toronto, ON (In progress)
- PanAM Games major land and water facilities in Hamilton, Toronto and Milton manage (PDC) – In Progress.
- Forensic Sciences and Coroner’s Complex, Toronto, ON (2013)
- Women’s College Hospital, Toronto, ON (2009)
- Queen’s University School of Medicine, Kingston, ON (2012)
- Quinte Consolidated Courthouse (2014)
- Waterloo Region Consolidated Courthouse (2013)
- House of Commons Committee Room, Ottawa, ON (2004)
- Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario (2000)
Membership: Canadian Acoustical Association, Audio Engineering Society