Peter Houston started his career in 1955 at CKEY Radio in Toronto as an asst. in the recording dept. where he also did some work on weekends as traffic reporter.
- 1962 started at RCA Victor studios in Toronto as a laquer cutter, tape duplicator and vmved into the studios as asst.
- 1963 first sessions recording voices, for commercials and animated films.
- First music sessions 1964, Highlights A Place To Stand, many recordings and albums. And hundreds of commercial and jingles.
- Moved to Eastern Sound as chief recording engineer 1967, Helped to redesign studios.
- 1968 recorded the original Hockey Night In Canada theme and hundreds of commercials and records.
- 197? Moved to Toronto Sound with Terry Brown, albums, commercials etc.
Around that same time, he became involved with CFTO Television as sound consultant a freelance position that carried on for thirty years. He worked on most of their music shows, Kenny Rogers, Miss Canada, Miss Teen Canada, Telethons, Littlest Hobo, etc
- Started own studio, United Media Studios, Thornhill.
- Started teaching at Seneca College in 1987 as audio and visual prof.
- Retired 2005 , and still teaches part time.
He has traveled to all major cities: Canada and in most States, as well as Europe, Japan, China, Middle East for work., and is now semi-retired and living on beautiful Baldsam Lake, Ontario.