Philip Giddings is a graduate of McGill University’s Electrical Engineering program and is a registered Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario. He is founder and principal of Engineering Harmonics, with offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver and New York City. Philip has dedicated his efforts exclusively to the field of audio, A/V and related technologies for the past 31 years.
Phil’s major authorship credits include:
- Audio System Design and Installation, a 650-page engineering handbook, published by H.W. Sams and Company, 1990
- An Introduction to Electromagnetic Interference and Electromagnetic Compatibility for Audio System Designers and
- Grounding Systems and Their Implementation (co-authored), for the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society
- Grounding and Shielding, Sound and Video Contractor magazine; Philip was invited to write the bulk of this trade magazine issue.
His technical presentations include:
- Syn-Aud-Con, Grounding and Shielding Workshop, 3 day, 1997
- Audio Engineering Society Convention, San Francisco, 1994
- Canadian Acoustical Association Conference, Ottawa, 1994
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, Toronto,1992
- Lighting Dimensions International, Houston, 1992
- Audio Engineering Society Convention, New York, 1991
- AES Audio Overview II, Toronto, 1991
- National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Baltimore, 1991
- Society of Broadcast Engineers Chapter, Washington, 1991
- Audio Engineering Society Convention, Los Angeles, 1988
- Audio Engineering Society Sections – Toronto, Vancouver,Montreal, Washington
Philip has served the Audio Engineering Society in the following ways:
- Papers Chairman of the AES Session Acoutics, Sound Reinforcement and monitoring, New York, 1997
- Co-chairman of the AES workshop entitled ‘Grounding, Shielding and Interconnection in Analog + Digital Systems’, New York, 1993
- Papers Chairman of Toronto AES Sections, Overview I (1986) and Overview II (1991)
- From 1980 through 1985, he served on the Toronto Section as Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer and several terms as a Commitee Person.
- Chair, AES Seminar 2008 “The Roots of Our Toronto Sound”
Philip is a member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario, the Audio Engineering Society, the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, the Canadian Acoustical Association, International Association of Assembly Managers and the US and Canadian Institutes for Theatre Technology.